A Complete Handbook for Selling Your Own Home - Ready?
US Search - Public Record Information
Selling your house?
Sellers Resource Center
Buying a house?
Buyers Resource Center
Home Sellers Tip:
"A Complete Handbook for Selling Your Own Home"
Maximize your time and energy.
Click here for your free credit report
Consumer Credit Report Links
post a question,
we'll post an answer
Have a well thought out marketing plan. Your marketing plan should
be in writing, defining the steps you will take and the goals you want to achieve. Plan for
your property to be on the market for 6 months, maybe more. If you plan and if you are
well prepared for the long term, then you can be pleasantly surprised and relieved if it
happens sooner instead of getting frustrated and selling out. Carefully plan your
advertising and your open houses. Having open houses too frequently when there is a
limited supply of buyers can cause your property to be shop worn. If you are in an area
where there is a lot of traffic and constant activity then every weekend could benefit you.
Be prepared to reduce the asking price. Have a time frame established to reduce the price
if activity is slow. Outline each family memberís responsibilities.
See Marketing Plan, page 5.
- Talk to all of the necessary *important people* (page 9),
get their advice
- Look at similar homes holding open houses - get ideas,
check out the competition
- Talk to real estate agents from different offices regarding
the market place
- Get information from your lender on your existing mortgage
- Get information from lenders regarding the current mortgage
- Title insurance policy, survey, all household documents
- Gather contracts and all necessary forms needed for the sales
- Set up files - important papers, home related items, marketing
Simplify, neutralize, organize (page 11)
- have a yard sale __________________ (date)
- rent storage room
Repair, replace, clean (page 15)
Have inspections done (will explain later in book)
- home inspection __________________ (date)
- termite inspection __________________ (date)
- roof inspection __________________ (date)
- radon gas __________________ (date)
And so on...
Sample some of the contents:
Table of Contents
Website comments or questions, please send us an
This page is brought to you by
Copyright © AHome4Sale, All rights reserved.
The name AHome4Sale and the AHome4Sale logo are
trademarks of AHome4Sale.